October 2, 2022
Hail is destructive. It can damage homes and cause dents in roofs, no matter how small the hailstorm occurs to be!
1. Record the time & date right away.
2. Check your roof and siding in your vehicle for hail damage. Check your gutters for signs of damage.
3. Check your structure for damage. After the storm has passed and you and your family are safe. Powerful storms can cause trees to fall onto your property and cars.
4. If you have damage, call the legit contractor right away in Minneapolis or Saint Paul.
5. Call your insurance agent right away to review your policy make sure your policies have the proper coverages – your insurance agent should be able to help you out with your car coverages
6. Have your contractor create an estimate on the cost to repair the damages.
7. Schedule a time to meet with the adjuster and the contractor to review the damage and agree on the cost to replace the damaged.
8. Prepare to pay your deductible before the contractor starts the project.
9. The contractor will need to send documentation showing that the work has been completed to receive the final payment.
10. Review the work with the contractor.
Should I get my roof inspected after hailstorm
I think it’s very important to perform a roof inspection right after a storm in Minnesota. This could save you a lot of time and money in the future. Most homeowners should get a roof inspected ever year. Especially in the spring in Minnesota.
It’s very critical to keep your metal roof in good condition. If you live in an area that is prone to hail, you should definitely get your roof inspected. You don’t want your Roof to leak because of storm damage in Minnesota.
How much does it cost to roof a house in Saint Paul?
The average roof replacement cost in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota is between $3000 and $36,000 depending on the size of the roof and the type of shingle. The height of the roof and pitch also plays a role in cost in Minnesota.