Commercial Storm Damage Restoration Service
After a severe storm, the cleanup and Commercial restoration process can be daunting. Our professional crew can help you assess the damage and perform a thorough storm damage cleanup. That means looking at your business in Minneapolis & Saint Paul Minnesota and making a list of what needs to be repaired or replaced. You may also need to take pictures or videos of the damage to provide to insurance companies.
Common Problems After A Storm Or Flooding
Most commercial that has been affected by a storm will need some degree of cleanup and restoration work. We can help you assess the damage, start the cleaning-up process, and get you on the path to recovery. Typically, no matter how clean things look after a storm, it’s important to remember that a problem can develop later. Therefore, you should contact us as soon as possible to provide you with the best commercial storm damage restoration services in Minneapolis & Saint Paul Minnesota.
The following is a list of the most common problems we encounter after a storm or flooding:
• Structural Damage
• Drywall Damage
• Ceiling Damage
• Soot and Stains on Walls and Ceilings
• Broken Windows and Doors
• Corrosion of Metals
• Water Lines that have Burst or are Leaking
• Carpet Damage (both under padding and carpet itself)
• Mold Growth
• Odors throughout the house
Tips to Help You Get Started After a Storm or Flooding
Water damage can lead to many problems, including drywall deterioration, corrosion of metals, mold growth, and more. Our team will assess each room in your home or office space to create a plan to tackle the problem areas effectively. This ensures that your property is restored to its pre-storm condition as quickly and effectively as possible.
Here are 7 tips on what to do after storm damage in Minneapolis & Saint Paul Minnesota:
1. Assess the damage.
The first step is to assess the damage and plan action. This may involve contacting your insurance company or local authorities. Make sure to take pictures or videos of the damage to document it before beginning.
2. Protect yourself.
You may have many concerns, but your health and safety should be at the top of that list:
- Avoid standing water and contact with raw sewage, which can lead to severe infections or diseases
- Check for gas leaks and electrical damage, as these can cause fires or explosions.
- Turn off electricity at the main circuit breaker.
3. Call a restoration company.
Once you have a plan in place, call a reputable flood water removal company to help with repairs. Be careful of so-called “storm chasers” who prey on storm victims. Make sure to check references and get everything in writing.
4. Remove damaged items.
Begin removing all damaged items that you can safely dispose of on your own:
• Clothing, bedding, curtains, rugs, and other household textiles;
• Shoes, toys, and other items that may have been contaminated by floodwater.
• Wet papers, books, magazines, and other objects that can quickly mold.
5. Dispose of damaged items properly.
Disposing of damaged items may seem like a daunting task, but it’s essential to do it right to avoid spreading contamination or disease.
• All damaged materials should be placed in heavy-duty garbage bags and sealed tightly;
• Do not try to dry out any items yourself, as this can cause more damage and promote mold growth
• Dispose of all wet/damaged items that can’t be washed and disinfected.
6. Clean and disinfect the home.
It’s time to get started on your big cleanup:
• Wipe down walls, floors, and all surfaces with a household cleaner;
• Use fans and dehumidifiers to dry out the area;
• Bleach can be used to disinfect surfaces, but it must be diluted according to label instructions;
• Wear gloves and a respirator when cleaning up mold.
7. Monitor the progress of the restoration.
Make sure that the restoration company is keeping you informed of their progress and that the work is being done adequately and safely:
• Get documentation of all work that’s completed
• Make sure your insurance company has been contacted. If not, contact them right away.
Types of Storms and Severe Weather
There are many different types of storms and severe weather. Each type is unique and can cause different kinds of damage. Some of the most common storms and severe weather include thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, and blizzards.
Thunderstorms are one of the most common types of storms. They usually occur in the summer months, particularly July and August. These are storms with lightning and thunder. During the summer months, warm fronts rise into the sky, which causes air to circulate (commonly known as convection). Thunderstorms can also develop in areas where warm moist air meets cold, dry air and are usually accompanied by rain or hail. Heavy rain can cause flooding and flash floods, while hail causes damage to crops, roofs, cars, etc. ideally, lightning is the main threat from thunderstorms as it is responsible for many houses fires each year.
Tornadoes are one of the most frightening types of storms. They can occur during any time of year but tend to be more common in the spring and summer months. A tornado is a vigorous rotating column of air that reaches out from the base of a thunderstorm. They are approximately 150-300 meters across at ground level; however, they can extend up to 1 kilometer in width. The wind speeds can reach up to 300 km/h. These storms are capable of causing extensive damage to buildings, trees, and crops and can also cause loss of life.
Hurricanes are another dangerous type of storm. They usually occur in the late summer and early fall months. A hurricane is a tropical cyclone that forms over the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, or the Gulf of Mexico. The winds in a hurricane can reach up to 250 km/h. Hurricanes are capable of causing extensive damage to buildings, trees, and crops. They can also cause loss of life.
A blizzard is a severe winter storm that is characterized by strong winds and heavy snow. It can occur anywhere in the world where it snows, but they are most common in North America and Europe. The wind speeds in a blizzard can reach up to 100 km/h, and they can cause widespread damage to buildings, trees, and power lines. They can also cause loss of life.
Each type of storm and severe weather can cause different kinds of damage. Therefore, it is important to be prepared for all kinds of storms and know what to do to stay safe.
What to Expect When Our Professionals Arrive on the Scene for
We understand the stress and worry that comes with water damage. We will work closely with you to ensure that all of your needs are addressed as quickly as possible. We will determine the extent of the damage, manage your expectations and present your options for restoring your water damage.
You can expect the following steps to be taken when we arrive at your home or business.
-We will assess the entire situation and thoroughly inspect the property to determine which items have been affected by water damage, how serious it is, and what action needs to be taken.
– We’ll remove any standing water immediately from your property.
– All wet items will be removed and taken to our trucks for cleaning and drying so we can get your property back to normal as quickly as possible.
– We will check all the electrical equipment in the house to ensure that no current is leaking into standing water or exposed wires.
– If visible mold growth has occurred, we will remove it using the anti-microbial treatment and HEPA filtered vacuums.
– If carpeting has been affected, we will extract all the water with our truck-mounted carpet cleaners to prevent any damage.
We will then dehumidify your property, removing moisture from both the air and any porous surfaces like drywall or hardwood flooring.
– After the water damage has been removed, our drying process will begin, which uses powerful air movers and dehumidifiers to completely dry out your property in a safe and controlled manner.
– Your home or business will then be closely monitored with regular inspections to ensure that all moisture has been eliminated before we leave.
This all may sound very overwhelming, but please know that we will guide you every step of the way and provide you with updates throughout the entire restoration process. Storm Damage can be stressful for any homeowner or business owner, but it doesn’t have to be if you choose our competent Storm Damage Restoration team.
Natural Disaster Cleanup Services
We understand that water, fire, or mold can cause serious stress in your life. Our staff is trained to handle the problems created by these disasters and help you get your life back to normal as quickly. We offer the following natural disaster cleanup services:
- 24/7 Emergency Response: Our 24-hour service allows us to respond quickly when you need us. When you call, we immediately dispatch a team of highly trained technicians to your location. Our goal is to get in, assess the problem, and provide an effective solution before any major issues arise.
- Emergency Repairs: We offer emergency repairs for water, fire, and mold damage. We will immediately begin the necessary restoration procedures when we respond to your home or business. Once we have dried and sanitized your property, our experts will inspect every surface and ensure that only the minimum damage has occurred before we complete any necessary repairs. Our expert team can restore even severely damaged materials.
- Drying & Dehumidification: As soon as we arrive, we will begin removing all water and dehumidifying your space to achieve a safe environment. We use advanced equipment and powerful air movers, which quickly reduce humidity levels to those recommended by insurance companies. Once this critical step is completed, we can proceed with reconstruction work.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting:
- We use the most advanced equipment to remove all contaminants from your property. This means that affected surfaces are completely purified and will not pose any health risks for you or anyone who is exposed to them. Mold does not have to be visible to be cleaned so our team can safely destroy mold on any surface without causing noticeable damage.
- Reconstruction and Repairs: We have the experience, skill, and knowledge necessary to restore damaged materials back to their original state. Our technicians are experienced in repairing fire damage, flood damage, water damage, commercial roof damage, and smoke contamination. When our team is finished with your property, you can rest assured that everything will be completely restored to its original condition.
- Priority Disaster Response Program: Our Priority Disaster Response Program allows us to provide you with the best possible service in case of an emergency. With this program, we reserve a fully-equipped truck filled with all necessary supplies so that our team is ready to start work immediately after receiving your call. We offer special rates for members of this program which means you can have immediate assistance at a price that will fit your budget.
Commercial Restoration Service Minneapolis & Saint Paul
No matter how much water damage you have in your home or office, please get in touch with our commercial Storm Damage Restoration team in Minneapolis & Saint Paul Minnesota today to get the restoration process started. Our emergency crew is ready with truck-mounted pumps and all the equipment we need to remove any standing water and dry out wet carpeting, walls, and other surfaces. We work 24 hours a day for your convenience, and you can expect us to work closely with you to get your home or business back to normal as quickly as possible.
Our process starts with an assessment of our customer’s needs, followed by immediate water extraction and complete drying. We use specialized equipment that allows us to remove most of the water without causing damage to property or unnecessary stress on homeowners or businesses. Storm Damage can be very stressful, but you will feel confident knowing that you are in good hands with our professionals.