April 18, 2021
What Is Commercial Roofing. Your commercial roof is an important structure of your business property. It keeps your employees, customers, as well as business products protected from external environmental aggressions.
It also plays a major role in how your business looks, no potential customers will get a good first impression of a business that doesn’t seem to care about its image. Still, commercial roofing is one of the most overlooked services for business owners, but it is never too late to keep it in good condition and give it the attention it deserves.
What Is Commercial Roofing?
Commercial roofs have similar functions to residential ones with the difference that they are made of different materials and have a different installation process. The roofs are also designed to cover large areas and the commercial roofing contractors need to be familiar with and external piping, airflow systems.
Commercial roofs tend to be flat as opposed to residential roofs which are steep slopes and that flat surface makes them ideal for installing solar panels or locating gardens on them. Commercial roofs focus more on functionality and durability and not so much on appearance but this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t care about keeping it in good condition.
Since they are larger and need to be more resistant than residential roofs, the maintenance for that type of roof is more expensive and demanding. The roofing contractor that you hire should have specialized knowledge of commercial roofing, the most common materials, installation process, and common issues.
Why You Should Hire A Professional Commercial Roofing Contractor?
Hiring qualified commercial roofing contractors will give you peace of mind and avoid putting you at unnecessary risk. They wear protective equipment and have extensive knowledge of the safety techniques to inspect and repair your roof.
So many business owners attempt to repair their commercial roof by themselves in order to save money but trying to do it without the proper knowledge, experience, and technique can end up costing a lot of money. You may end up doing more damage to the roof and lead to future complications, thus having to spend more money not only on the original issue but also on the one you cause.
If you are considering which type and material of commercial roof you should choose there is nothing better than getting assistance from a qualified team of professionals.
Be In Compliance With Warranty and Avoid Legal Problems
If you want to make sure your warranty is valid you need to get your commercial roof installed by a professional roofing contractor. Additionally, installing the roof by yourself could lead to legal issues if you don’t do it properly. For example, if you dont install it correctly and it causes an injury to a third person you could get a lawsuit.
Importance Of Commercial Roofing
Increase the Lifespan Of Your Roof
Installing a commercial roof is a big investment so you definitely want it to last as long as possible. Maintenance can play a huge role in the lifespan of your roof and while most roofs are designed to last up to 20 years, if you don’t take care of it, the lifetime can get significantly reduced. Commercial roofing will help you get the most out of your investment.
Professional roofing contractors will inspect your commercial roof and identify any minor issues before they become something worse that could lead to costly complications.
Keep Optimal Indoor Conditions In Your Commercial Property
Your commercial roof is in charge of making sure your employees, customers, and products are well-maintained inside, dry, and at an optimal temperature. If there is a roof leak it could lead to mold development which could put your employee’s health at risk and also create structural damage inside of the property.
Improve The Workplace
When your roof functions optimally it makes sure the interior of your property is dry and at the right temperature. That will make your employees more comfortable in their workplace and increase their productivity.
How Often Should Inspect Your Commercial Roof?
Our team recommends that you perform a commercial roof inspection at least twice a year to identify any underlying issues such as moisture traps, clogged gutters, blisters, standing water, or gaps in flashing. You should also perform an inspection after a hurricane, storm, or another aggressive weather condition.
What Should You Look For In A Commercial Roofing Contractor?
- Insurance: Never hire a contractor who doesn’t carry insurance. Protect yourself and your money. Verify that they have coverage for liability and worker’s compensation.
- License and Certificates: The roofing contractor should have the required licenses and certifications to perform commercial roofing in your region. The person must have gone through extensive training to make sure they can deliver a proficient job.
- Experience: The commercial roofing company should have been in the industry for years and be specialized in everything regarding commercial roofs.
- Detailed Estimate: The company should provide you a bid that clearly states the work that will be performed, the estimated timeline of the project, and the materials that will be used.
- Reviews: Look through the internet reviews about the company. Check on the local Better Business Bureau page about complaints filed against the company.
- Safety Standards: Commercial roofing is a dangerous job and the contractors you hire should wear protective clothing and equipment as well as follow certain standards to reduce the risk of injuries. Ask your roofing contractor about the safety standards they follow.
- Quality Materials: The company should only use the highest-quality materials on the market that are approved by regulatory authorities.
Do you want to make sure that your commercial roof has the longest lifespan possible and keeps serving its purpose? You should hire a professional company like ours. Sellers Roofing Company – New Brighton works with the highest professional standards to keep your roof in optimal condition. Contact us and request a personalized quote for our services.